DAN Medical Frequently Asked Questions
Back to Medical FAQ List
>There are some basic guidelines that can help to ensure the safe and effective use of a dive computer. The following considerations are intended to offer a somewhat light-hearted insight into what your dive computer can — and cannot — do.
>It is helpful to think of your dive computer in these ways:
- As a business competitor: Master it by learning its strengths and weaknesses.
- As a date: It must be turned on for the relationship to work.
- As a buddy: It should descend and ascend whenever, but only when, you do.
- As a personal assistant: It reminds you of rules and schedules you might otherwise forget.
- As an actor: It recites the lines without having to understand their implications.
- As a politician: Do not believe everything it tells you.
- As a hotel concierge: It will help you do what you want — but at a price.
- As a stranger: It knows virtually nothing about your personal reality.
- As a mate: Is it compatible with your friends?
- As a news reporter: It will air your dirty laundry.
- As a tool: Use it appropriately.