Undersea and Hyperbaric Medicine Board Review Course
The University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine (jointly sponsored by DAN) is conducting a Undersea and Hyperbaric Medicine Board Review Course in Philadelphia, PA on 8/21-8/23/2009.
The Institute for Environmental Medicine/Division of Hyperbaric Medicine presents this conference, which is designed to prepare physicians eligible to take the ABPM of ABEM subspecialty exam in Undersea and Hyperbaric Medicine.
Upon completion of the program, learners should be able to:
- Describe the physics of, and human physiological responses to, immersion and high-pressure environments
- Describe the pathophysiology and treatment of medical conditions resulting from diving accidents and injuries associated
with changes in pressure
- Understand and describe the medical assessment of fitness for diving process
- Discuss the mechanisms of action, complications, and contraindications of hyperbaric oxygen therapy
- Describe the pathophysiology and treatment of medical conditions in which hyperbaric oxygen therapy is indicated
- Effectively use this overview to prepare for the subspecialty board examination in Undersea and Hyperbaric Medicine
For more information and a registration form, see the attached brochure.