DAN Announces New Board of Directors for 2004-2005
7/16/2004 3:12:17 PM
Divers Alert Network announces the arrival of six new members of its board of directors for 2004-2005, including recently installed DAN President and CEO Michael D. Curley, Ph.D., who will serve as chairman of the board.
Besides Dr. Curley, the other newcomers are:
- William Anlyan, J.D. - Partner, Anlyan and Hively Wealth Management; formerly Vice Chancellor of University of North Carolina at Wilmington. A director and trustee for the United Way of Durham, N.C., he is a certified scuba and nitrox diver.
- Dennis H. Liberson, M.A. - Certified scuba diver and underwater photographer (Bluewildlife LLC) in Great Falls, Va. He also serves on the Board of Directors and Executive Committee of the Coral Reef Alliance (CORAL) and the Board of Trustees of the Reef Environmental Educational Foundation (REEF).
- E. Wayne Massey, M.D. - Clinical Director, Muscular Dystrophy Clinic, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, N.C. A former U.S. Navy Diving Medical Officer, he has published extensively in diving neurologic issues, neuropathy and received numerous teaching awards.
- Lee Selisky - Founder and CEO of Sea Pearls, Inc. of Minnesota, a worldwide supplier of scuba diving weights and cylinders. He is a past president of the Diving Equipment Manufacturers Association and a former chairman of the Historical Diving Society USA.
- Kathy Weydig, B.S. - President, Scuba Training and Technology, Inc., Lake Havasu City, Ariz. A scuba instructor and course director with more than 2,500 dives, she has received numerous awards for excellence and election to the Women Divers Hall of Fame.
Remaining on the board from previous years are Enrico Camporesi, M.D., Professor and Chairman of the Department of Anesthesiology and director of the hyperbaric center at University Hospital at SUNY Health Science Center in Syracuse, N.Y.; Frans Cronjé, M.D., Executive and Medical Director of DAN Southern Africa; Richard (Dick) Long, founder of Diving Unlimited International; Dr. Mark F. Newman, Chairman of the Department of Anesthesiology at Duke University; and William M. Ziefle, attorney and counselor at law in The Woodlands, Texas.
Divers Alert Network is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
For more information, contact Wesley Hyatt, DAN Communications, at 1-800-446-2671 ext. 282 or email email@example.com.