Instructional Programs FacilitatorTITLE: Instructional Programs Facilitator
PRIMARY WORKSITE: 6 West Colony Place, Durham, NC
REPORTS TO: Director, Education/Training
JOB PURPOSE: This position works individually and as a team member to support DAN's safety, education, and training initiatives in cooperation with internal and external stakeholders. In addition to the management of existing programs, the department is also responsible for creating new programs, overseeing quality control, providing support for instructors and trainers, and contributing to the development and launch of new teaching platforms such as eLearning and eDocs.
• Contribute to the development and maintenance of education initiatives
o Web based (online seminars, webinars)
o Live presentations
o Downloadable resources
o Other platforms as may evolve
• Conduct review and revision of existing programs in collaboration with other department members, other internal DAN departments, and/or external contributors
• Conduct as a single instructor or part of an instructional team programs for all DAN headquarter sponsored programs including but not limited to:
o Complete Instructor Trainer Workshops
o Course specific Instructor Trainer Workshops for individual programs
o In-house offerings of DAN training programs for DAN staff
• Serve as a mentor for visiting scholars, interns, work-study program participants
• Represent Divers Alert Network at various national, regional and local meetings and seminars.
• Support existing DAN first aid programs instructors/trainers
o Participate in the development and oversight of instructor knowledge enhancement and skill refinement programs including ongoing evaluation and revision
o Provide phone coverage and email correspondence
o Contribute to newsletter communications (Oxygen Window)
o Participate in application processing and fulfillment including communications to address issues with submissions (includes DES recognitions, Instructor and Instructor Trainer applications)
o Serve as a member of the quality assurance review team to address and resolve complaints/concerns
• Maintain knowledge of current standards for basic life support, resuscitation, and first aid monitoring how they may affect DAN courses.
• Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
• Bachelor degree (or higher)
• Experience in curriculum design, implementation, evaluation, revision
• Scuba diving instructor trainer/course director
• Active DAN Instructor Trainer (DES Preferred) or Examiner
• Excellent time management skills; ability to work within deadlines
• Excellent interpersonal and business communication skills (verbal and written)
• DSO experience or equivalent
• Supervisory experience
• Fluent Spanish, Portuguese and/or French language
• Medical background/experience
LAST UPDATED: January 2014
Submit Your RésuméSUBMIT YOUR RÉSUMÉ
If you enjoy working with people and share a passion for scuba diving, we would like to hear from you. To submit a résumé for consideration, please do one of the following:
DAN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.