|Dates||October 6 2012toOctober 13 2012|
|Location||Divi Flamingo Beach Resort|
Bonaire, International, Bonaire
|Phone||919-684-2948 ext. 556|
|Click Here to Complete a Registration Form|
This six-day course is designed primarily for physicians. It may be of value to emergency medical personnel, paramedics, nurses and other professionals with interest in diving as well.
The program delivers a range of topics to orient participants to the state of the art of diving safety, diving medicine, hyperbaric medicine and environmental physiology. Classroom time includes lectures and extensive interactive case studies sessions. The nature of the venue and organization encourages casual interactions between faculty and participants beyond the classroom.
Presentation topics include:
• Medical and physical fitness to dive
• Diving safety - issues and current research
• Hyperbaric medicine - applications, protocols and mechanisms
• Decompression physiology and pathophysiology
• Diving injuries and management
• Considerations for thermal stress, altitude exposure, freediving and special populations
• Controversies in diving medicine
Divi Flamingo Beach Resort is a colorful Caribbean-style resort located on the west coast of Bonaire within walking distance of the capitol city of Kralendjik. The resort features oceanfront and garden-view rooms. Guestrooms have either private balconies overlooking the Caribbean or garden patios. Property amenities include two swimming pools, a full service spa, fitness center and activities desk.
The package assembled for DAN CME course participants includes 7 nights lodging, three meals daily, and 11 scheduled dives. This special package for the DAN CME course also includes free WiFi and Nitrox for those certified in its use. Room and meal taxes are also included. The prearranged package does not include alcoholic beverages, gratuities and dive tips.
Rental dive equipment is available at an additional charge.
The course fee is $650 before August 18th. After August 18th, course fee is $750. The course fee for individuals not booking the DAN-Divi Flamingo package is $900. CME registration includes:
• Course materials
• CME credit
• Course shirt
• Welcome and farewell receptions
Final payment is due August 25th.
Register now by completing the registration form linked above, save and e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information contact DAN Education.
Phone: 919-684-2948, ext. 556
Toll free: 800-446-2671, ext. 556
Neal W. Pollock, PhD
Divers Alert Network
Patty Seery, MHS, DMT
Divers Alert Network
Participants are welcome to make their own travel arrangements. If assistance is desired, you may contact Paul Ducey with Horizon Travel
Travel expenses are not covered by resort or program registration fees. Course participants are responsible for all travel expenses.
Accreditation This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint sponsorship of Wilderness Medical Society (WMS) and Divers Alert Network (DAN). WMS is accredited by ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation WMS designates this live activity for a maximum of 24 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Disclosure Statement All faculty members and planners participating in continuing medical education activities sponsored by DAN are expected to disclose to the participants any real or apparent conflict of interest related to the content of their presentations. Full disclosure of faculty and planner relationships will be made at the activity.
Special Needs Statement Divers Alert Network is committed to making its activities accessible to all individuals. If you are in need of an accommodation or special dietary considerations, please call and/or submit a description of your needs in writing in order to receive service.
Cancellation and Refunds In the event that sufficient persons are not secured for the course, the right is reserved to cancel this program and the refund of course or diving fee monies will release DAN of any further obligation. DAN is not responsible for any cancellation or travel itinerary change fees assessed by the hotel, airlines or travel agents. Hotel and course cancellations are handled directly through DAN Education. Reservation cancellations after August 18, 2012 are subject to a penalty equal to 50% of the total cost of the package. Course and hotel payments will not be refunded for cancellations made after September 1, 2012 or in the event of non-notification of cancellation prior to the start of the course.
Responsibility and Liability
• A valid passport for each group member is required. DAN is not responsible if other identification is used.
•Baggage and personal effects are at owner's risk throughout the trip. Trip and baggage insurance is strongly recommended.
• DAN is acting as an agent for suppliers selling services, and is not responsible for any intentional or careless actions or omissions on the part of such suppliers which result in any loss, damage, delay or injury to you or your travel companions or group members.
• DAN assumes no liability or responsibility for the diving program. Each diver is responsible for his/her own safety and does hereby hold the aforementioned harmless from and against any and all claims and damages of every kind for injury to or death of any person or persons and for damages to or loss of property which arises as a result of the negligent acts of the diving service and the equipment supplied by them. Consent to the above conditions will be indicated by payment and participation in the diving program.